Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ratmammy's reads for April 2008

Here are the books I read in April 2008

(rating based on 5 Stars being the best)

#18 START LIVING,START LOSING - Weight Watchers Pgs 232 - 4/5 stars (Amazon vine)

#19 IF LOVE IS GOOD TO ME by Francine Craft Pgs 296-2.5/5 stars

#20 WATER FOR ELEPHANTS by Sara Gruen Pgs 331 -4.5/5 stars

#21 BUBBLES BETROTHED by Sarah Strohmeyer Pgs 289 -4/5 stars

#22 HELLO, DOGGY! by Elaine Fox Pgs 371- 4/5 stars (curled up)

#23 THE LAND OF MANGO SUNSETS by Dorothea Benton Frank Pgs 354- 4.5/5 stars (LR)

#24 MEMORIES OF MY MELANCHOLY WHORES by Gabriel Garcia Pgs 115 -3.5/5 stars

#25 EVERY SECRET THING by Ann Tatlock Pgs 364- 4/5 stars (curled up)

#26 TWISTED CREEK by Jodi Thomas Pgs 296 -4/5 stars (curled up)

My favorite book this month was WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. This will definitely be on my top 20 at the end of the year.

My least favorite book was IF LOVE IS GOOD TO ME, which is interesting because another of this author's book was my least favorite last month! She's written quite a lot of books, and I can't believe they are all this bad.. doesn't make any sense! But then again, it's all a matter of opinion and maybe what i think is bad passes for good with someone else...

Average 88.67 pages per day

Average pages per book: 294.2

I did better in April than i have the rest of the year so far. What helped was I got really sick that month and had more time to read. Plus a trip to Japan allowed me to finish 3 books while on the plane...

Of the 9 books I read this month, the following were books for review or requests by the author/publisher:

START LIVING,START LOSING - review for Amazon Vine

HELLO, DOGGY! - review for Curled up

THE LAND OF MANGO SUNSETS - review for Love romances and more

EVERY SECRET THING - review for curled up

TWISTED CREEK - review for Curled up

This was the best reading month I've had all year. Not sure how May will stack up. So far I have finished 3 books, so that's not too bad and all these books so far have been good.

1 comment:

david mcmahon said...

That's an awesome result. You read books quicker than I can write them!