Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ratmammy's reads for January 2008

Here are the books I read in January 2008

(rating based on 5 Stars being the best)

#1
STARING AT THE SUN:OVERCOMING THE TERROR OF DEATH by Irvin D Yalom Pgs 277 - 4/5 Stars (VINES Amazon program)

#2
JEMIMA J by Jane Green Pgs 373 - 4/5 stars

#3
THE PALACE OF ILLUSIONS by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Pgs 277- 4/5 stars (BR)

#4
SECRETS OF MY SUBURBAN LIFE by Lauren Baratz-Logsted Pgs 225 - 4/5 stars

#5
BETWEEN SISTERS by Kristin Hannah Pgs 428 - 4/5 stars

#6
VANISHING ACTS by Jodi Picoult Pgs 418 - 4/5 stars

My favorite book this month was VANISHING ACTS. Actually, i think i enjoyed each of these books equally, for different reasons. They all kept my attention, and even the non fiction book I found intriguing. There were no least favorites this month!

Average 64.45 pages per day
Average pages per book: 333

i have to explain the reason for the low numbers.... I actually have another book in the mix - a book by Joanne Harris, which I couldn't finish and had to put down. I spent at least a week on that book. I will try to finish it later this year. I usually love Joanne Harris but this time I just wasn't in the mood for her.

Of the 6 books I read this month, the following were either books for Review Or requests from the author/publisher--

STARING AT THE SUN:OVERCOMING THE TERROR OF DEATH - review for Amazon Vine
THE PALACE OF ILLUSIONS - review for Bookreporter.com
SECRETS OF MY SUBURBAN LIFE - review request by author

I think I'm off to a good start in terms of quality of books. Quantity will definitely be lower this year. I will probably not even read 6 books in February, due to the fact I am currently trying to finish a slow one (LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA). My goal this year is to read 4 and 5 star books and not worry about quantity.

No comments: